Click on each question to view its answer
We advise to go on a soft diet for 1-2 days.
Wisdom tooth removal surgery, like all other forms of surgery, should not be a painful procedure. Under anaesthesia (local or general), there is no pain during the surgery.
Dental implants do not suffer from tooth decay. Hence, based on historical dental records, it can last for a very long time. However, for long-term success, it is of paramount importance that the patient also practise appropriate dental care habits, with routine visits to the dental surgeon.
It depends. Dental implants can be covered by insurance, depending on your policy. Please check with your insurance agent for more details.
The implant material (titanium) is bio-compatible. Hence, it is not known to be rejected by the body.
Home care for your implants consists of brushing and flossing. Regular dental visits are required for long-term health and success.
The entire process can be completed within a day to a few months, depending on your treatment plan. The process also varies according to individuals.
What are the types of food I can eat after having an implant placed? Are there any special diet required?
Your dental surgeon will outline a diet for the next few days including some soft foods.
Usually 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the location and the number of implants, as well as the overall complexity of the surgery.
In the long run, it may be less expensive than conventional bridgework.
Implant surgery, like all other forms of surgery, should not be a painful procedure. Under anaesthesia (local or general), there is no pain during the surgery.
Implants can be inserted in two ways:
- Immediate Implant PlacementThe dental implant is placed at the same time that the tooth or teeth are removed.
- Delayed Implant PlacementThe dental implant is inserted into a region of the mouth where the tooth or teeth have already been removed for some time or have been missing for some time due to accidents, decays etc.
Your dentist will advise the method most suitable for you.
- Follow-up with an appointment to your dentist
- Avoid dark-coloured food and beverages for at least a week after whitening
- Practice excellent oral hygiene (i.e. brushing and flossing after meals and at bedtime)